We are honored that you have decided to publish your story with us here at Lemons & Gold Publishing LLC, where you will join us in becoming the Voice of the Black Superhero. However, before we proceed, there are a few rules we will need to discuss:
1.) Due to the publishing rules & regulations at Amazon, your book cannot be published anywhere else in any shape or form online. It cannot be readily available for free on the internet. We will check to be sure before going forward with approval.
Genre: We only publish speculative fiction. This includes:
- Fantasy Fiction (think Kings, Queens, Dragons, Mermaids, Fairies, etc.)
- Science Fiction (think Star Wars, X-Men, Black Panther, etc.)
- Paranormal (Ooohh…spooky, spooky!)
- Contemporary Fiction w/ Magical Realism (think real life situations but with “magic”)
- Speculative Young Adult (any of the above but with Young Adult characters and elements)
2.) Word Count Limits:
- Novels: 40,000-100,000 words
- Novellas (shorter novels) 10,000-25,000 words
3.) Languages: The bulk of your story should be written primarily in Standard English; however, we DO accept stories that contain what we call “Afro-languages” such as the African American Vernacular, Caribbean Patois, and other dialects.
4.) File Preparation:
- We will not accept unfinished work.
- Your story must be complete and pre-edited. Upon approval, we will follow through with an edit/proofread of our own, but your work must be of good quality.
- Your Query Submission must be saved as a Word or PDF document with Your Name & Book Title and:
- The first 3 Chapters of your book
- A synopsis of your book
- A short author bio
- Submit your query to email@example.com
Please allow 7-10 Business Days for us to read your submission and get back to you.
What to Expect From Us
We run as a small traditional publishing house, we are not a vanity press, so we do not ask you to pay for publishing your book. We make our money mainly from book sales.
Thankfully, our Founder has marketing experience, so we agree to promote you and your book before, during, and after you publish with us (around 6 months worth of promotions). Being that we are small, we ask that you also promote yourself to the best of your abilities.
Upon approval, we will meet with you via Zoom or Skype along with an Agreement for you to sign.
We do everything in-house, including our marketing, book covers, editing, etc. so you don’t have to worry about that (unless you have your own already).
If you are looking for an exquisite Editor outside of publishing with us, you can reach out to our Founder, Khàli LaBré for her Developmental, Substantive, and Proofreading services.
We are here to help you as much as we can! Be sure to tell your writerly & bookish friends about us so that we can continue to grow!
If there are any further questions to be had, please contact us at the following email address: